Today, Amy and I moved into our first hostel. Our hostel is on an island called Lido just one boat stop away from main Venice. It is the only part of town with cars. To me, it feels sort of like the Davis of Venice. The streets are filled with bikers and the town's atmosphere is friendly. There are far fewer tourists than there were in main Venice.
Amy and I had quite the adventure checking into our hostel. When we got our key, we accidentally went to the wrong room. Oddly, the door opened, even with the wrong key. Amy was confused why there was a shirt in the closet and we both wondered why there was only one large bed when we were supposed to have three. When we went to the lobby to ask why we didn't have three beds, the hotel manager claimed there were three beds. After extensive questioning about the whereabouts of these mysterious beds, the lady eventually led us to the correct room. After we had retrieved our belongings and settled down, Amy tested out the beds. One of the beds she claimed was too squishy. When I tried laying on it, it collapsed! (picture below)
In other news, Amy and I went to our first European beach, which was very warm and had very few waves. We also had our daily gelato. I had bacio, again, and mascarpone; Amy tried the special creme and the pistachio. We got our gelato in cones but because the day so hot, the gelato melted too fast for us to enjoy the flavors let alone taste each others. As a result we have no flavor of the day. By the end, my hands were covered in gelato.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.