Today, Sarah, Amy, and I started the morning with a breakfast of crepes. Then, we decided to have a relaxing day in town. For Sarah, relaxing means running up and down all the stairs she can possibly find in order to "explore." For Amy and I, relaxing means enjoying the scenery and sunshine. The scenery was lovely. The ocean is very clear and the buildings are all sorts of colors. (pictures below.)
We explored the beach. Here in Riomaggiore, the town in Cinque Terre in which we were staying, the beaches are rocky and sort of pool-like, and quite a few people were cliff diving. Amy and I enjoyed the water while Sarah trampled around on the rocks.
We walked around and enjoyed the mosaics the town is famous for (photo below.) On the way we had our daily gelato at a gelateria full of new favors. Amy tried the pineapple in addition to getting a scoop of bacio, which has become a favorite flavor. Sarah had the watermelon, which was very sweet, and tried the bacio for her first time. She wasn't as much of a fan as Amy and I are. I had the orange along with a scoop of chocolate. The chocolate was not as impressive as other chocolates we have had. The vote came down to a race between the orange and pineapple, but in the end, orange was Flavor of the Day. grabbed take out food and picnicked on a ledge by the water. Amy spent her time throwing food to the seagulls, which, as it turns out, has become one of her favorite hobbies.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.